Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Family in Town

I talked Kris into coming up to ski because of the mass amounts of powder we had been recieving. It didn't really take much, just a few pictures of me on the mountain and all powder and she did it. I was so excited to see the kids...not so much the baby (I am not a baby person) but to see Mia & Kid Little. I had them stay the night and we made a fort and watched a movie and I was woke up a 9am with excitement about all the snow that was outside.

Kid Little forgot her coat so we had to makedue with what I had. This is what we came up with. I think she looks like on the the thug kids from the Fat Albert cartoon.






I felt it only appropriate to build a snow man with them since they are from AZ and have never done it before. But before we put the head on I let them sit on it first.


And here is the snow man all completed. Green Melt aways for eyes. Roommates molding carrot for nose and almonds for mouth. Also Kaylee made a hat out of snow at the top.



Lastly there was skiing. OH BLESSED DAY it was AWESOME!! POwder up to my knees! Kris and I followed Andyroo down our first double black diamonds. This picture is right where I ate it. Kris was shortly behind me so I put my hand up so she wouldn't run into me. She tired to divert and go around the left side the the tree only to crash and get buried underneath the tree. She took FOREVER to get out. I got up and continued to ski up to Andyroo. Andyroo looked back to see a mess of tree branched bobbing around. He asked if Kris needed help and i said, "Yea probably...but I dont' want to unclip my boots." He started to ski back to her so I decided I might go catch a good picture. I only got a few feet before I dropped my knees tryin to keep myself from peein my pants in laughter. She was still very much under the tree and stuck. She had started on the left of the tree but exiting on the right. I don't know if ya every tried to manuever skis in burid snow but it is a real butt kicker. I tried to get some keegals in inbetween my laughter and I was able to snap this picture.

Yes, that is her middle finger. She blamed me for blockin the trail but we all know if she was a better skier she woulda just gone around .

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

ho bag I TRIED to go around. I am NOT a good tree skiier I freak out. And that was NOT my first double black. IT WAS my first "avalance danger enter at your own risk" ski however. ;) You suck

Mama's Makin's said...

thanks for taking the kids over night. FIRST vacation WITH the kids WITH OUT THE kids it was great. WHo needs a disney cruise when I have you and tasha! love the snow man they loved it