Tuesday, April 1, 2008

BLUE L.S.S.


Bought her for 2,500 bucks in 2000.



SEPT 2000-->Drove her from WA 2 Utah with her packed to the ceiling with my provisions and good friend Camel. First time i moved away from home...I cried.
NOV 2000-->Intended to drive her from Provo to WA but realized I took a wrong freeway when I passed the "Welcome to Nevada" sign. So it turned out to be a UT->Nevada detour--> Wa trip.
Nov 2000--> Wa 2 Utah. I got a pricey ticket in Oregon for $275!! For going about thirty over the speed limit. Amazingly the police took an expired insurance card and didn't notice..cuz I was uninsured that month.
Same trip...LIl blue ran an entire 30 minutes straight while sputtering from a lack of gas....then finally tuckered out. Ran out of gas in Troutdale Oregon. Off duty police officer took us to get gas.
Nov 2000--> WA 2 Utah
Sept 2000- April 2001-->Lil blue drives me to auto parts, sees candies and bed and breakfast jobs daily.
Decemeber 2001...Utah 2 WA
Dec 2001--> WA to Utah
March 2001--> Utah 2 California...on a bad transmission.. with JO JO and Apes to be in the Price it RIGHT
March 2001--> served as our hotel room since we were took cheap/broke to purchase one.The next morning we realized that we should have rolled down some windows rather then paste them with 3 peoples release of carbon dioxide from an entire nights sleep/partial sufficiation.
March 2001 --> Utah 2 Cali .... on a bad transmission.
April 2001--> Utah 2 WA with the ceilings packed with my things and trusty compansion Camel...on a bad transmission. Camel got pulled over by a cop...we got away clean.
Got a speeding ticket in Oregon... in a construction zone after watching the movie the Fast and the Furious which triggered imagination and caused my lead foot.
MAY 2001-->Lil Blue finally got a much deserved NEW... slightly used ...transmission.
Despite new gasket attempts...lil blue suffers from a minor oil leak.
June 2001- August-->Lil Blue drives me to Sees candies, rental house cleaning and janitor jobs all summer and fall.
July 2001--> Blue L.S.S. is hit by my employer and bumper falls off on one side. I laugh, shrug and reassemble her with a few tie straps.
August 2001-->Drove lil blue to Rexburg Idaho..just me..lil blue...no air conditioning...no cruise control.
August 2001 - April-->Lil blue survives a Rexburg winter with no problems.
December 2001-> Idaho 2 WAshington
Dec 2001--> WA 2 Idaho
July 2001 --->drives me and roomies to Jackson Wyoming
March 2002--> Lil blue takes me on a long drive as I cry because the Lord told me to go on a mission but I didn't want to.
April 2002--> Rexburg 2 WA.
Lil blue sits in my driveway for nearly 2 years while I am on my mission
Dec 2005 I return from my mission and my beloved Blue L.S.S. won't start.
Dec 2005 a prayer was offered up on behalf of lil blue and she was raised from the dead.
Lil blue drives me to work for a few more months.
April 2005-->WA 2 Rexburg Idaho once again.
Sept 2005--> Idaho to Utah...I cried most of the drive..scared of the unknown
2005-2007-->LIl blue drives me to school and college and clinicals every day for the next two years.
October 2007 Lil blue recieves a blow to the side as a car hits in her hospital parking garage. I laugh.
Jan 2008 Lil blues starter goes out. (replaces by yours truley)
Feb 2008 new battery
March 2008 Lil blues alternator goes out. (replaced by yours truely)

That makes a grand total of 6 trips to WA, 5 trips to Utah, 4 trips to Idaho, one default trip to Nevada, on trip to Cali and a trip to Wyoming. Add the trips of everyday driving and that is a lot of love that the Blue L.S.S. has put out.

April 2008 The blue L.S.S. continues to drive like a charm. Sure she is ugly on all exterior surfaces in that..
Her paint is peeling like a bad cancerous sunburn
Her engine is covered in a mess of oil from deposits of a 6 year oil leak accumulated
Her bumper is crooked from my employer knockin it off
Her headlights barely work cuz they aren't worth replacing
When I turn off the windshield wipers they stop in the middle of my windshield blocking my view so I have to turn them off at the split second they hit the bottom of windshield/view.
In the lyrics of Eve 6..."my pile shakes when it hits 80 on the open road"
Her body isn't exactly straight since she was completly totaled by the first owner.
I get worlds worst charley horses in my leg on long trips since I don't have cruise control
I won't drive in the middle of the day during the summer cuz I don't have air conditioning.

WHile all these things suck royally they just don't compare to the good years and memmories that we have built between us. She has always been there for me that I just can't bare to part with her. She just won't give up and until the day that she wants to return to junk yard heaven I am going to hold tight to her and love her to the very end. Here is to my Blue L.S.S. who is always there through thick and thin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

March 2002--> Lil blue takes me on a long drive as I cry because the Lord told me to go on a mission but I didn't want to.

I remember this day!! I was in the car with you! what a day!i came home early from field biology class and jumpped in the car and headed to the potatoefields...
but look at your life now.. baby youre a star
and i love ya
tawmya

Unknown said...

Nice to hear from you sister! Looks like old blu has had a good life! Where are you living now? I heard you Grandma died, sorry to hear about that. Send me an e-mail b.d@aggiemail.usu.edu

Betsy